• VICTORY SQUARE REMEMBRANCE DAY CEREMONY | November 11, 2011 | 10:30am | Victory Square: Cambie Street at Hastings Street, Vancouver (map) | Free | Remember those who have served our country. | Website
• REMEMBRANCE DAY IN CHINATOWN | November 11, 2011 | 12:30pm | Chinatown Memorial Square: Keefer Street at Columbia Street, Vancouver (map) | Free | The statue in the Memorial Square recognizes Chinese-that helped change Canadian history. Celebrate Chinese Canadian veterans who came back from the Second World War to help gain Canadian citizenship and to obtain the right to vote. | Website
• SOUTH MEMORIAL CENOTAPH SQUARE REMEMBRANCE DAY SERVICE | November 11, 2011 | 10:00am | South Memorial Park: 41st Avenue at Windsor Street, Vancouver (map) | Free | Watch the Remembrance Day Parade as it makes its way from John Oliver School to South Memorial Park Cenotaph for the Memorial ceremony. | Website
• UBC REMEMBRANCE DAY CEREMONY | November 11, 2011 | 10:00am | War Memorial Gym: 6081 University Boulevard, Vancouver (map) | Free | Join the University of British Columbia community as they honour and remember all those who served in times of war and military conflict and peace. | Website
• REMEMBRANCE DAY CEREMONY AND PARADE | November 11, 2011 | 10:30am - 11:15am | North Vancouver Cenotaph: 1200 Lonsdale, North Vancouver (map) | Free | Honour those to whom we are forever in debt so that we are able to enjoy the peace and freedom that we have today. Open House to follow at the 6 Engineer Squadron. | Website
• REMEMBRANCE DAY CELEBRATION | November 5, 2011 | 11:00am | Richmond Public Library: 100-7700 Minoru Gate, Richmond (map) | Free | Learn about Canada's military history, the contributions of the Canadian veterans and celebrate Remembrance Day. Get dressed up in a military uniform to take a picture with a real jeep and chat with veterans to find out what life was like for the soldiers and their families during the war. | Website
• LADNER REMEMBRANCE DAY CEREMONY | November 11, 2011 | 10:20am (parade); 10:45am (ceremony) | Ladner Memorial Park Cenotaph: 47th Avenue at Garry Street, Ladner (map) | Free | Join vetrans and local school children for a Remembrance Day ceremony and refreshments. | Website
• DELTA REMEMBRANCE DAY CEREMONY | November 11, 2011 | 10:40am | 11415 84 Avenue, North Delta (map) | Free | Honour men and women who have served Canada with a parade and ceremony. | Website
• SURREY REMEMBERS | November 11, 2011 | 9:30am - 12:30pm | Surrey Cenotaph: 17710-56A Street, Surrey (map) | Free | Take part in the Remembrance Day ceremony at the Cenotaph and after the
Read more: Remembrance Day Events | November 11, 2011 | Vancouver & Region http://www.venturevancouver.com/blog/remembrance-day-november-11-2011-vancouver#ixzz1dEGCrOES
- Victoria: 11 a.m.: Cenotaph on the grounds of the B.C. Legislative Building, 614 Government St. Wreath-laying by dignitaries will be followed by a luncheon open to the public.
- Saanich: 11 a.m. – noon, Saanich Municipal Hall, 770 Vernon Ave.
- Central Saanich: 10:55 a.m., Municipal hall, 1903 Mount Newton Cross Rd.
- Sidney:11 a.m., Cenotaph in front of town hall; Army Navy pipe band playing at noon at the Army, Navy, Air Force Unit, 302, 9834 Fourth St.
- Oak Bay: 10:55 a.m., Oak Bay cenotaph; Beach Drive from Dorsett to Rutland is closed 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Esquimalt:10:30 a.m.Remembrance Day parade from the Esquimalt Legion to the Memorial Park cenotaph across from municipal hall, 1229 Esquimalt Rd.; Ceremony at 10:55 a.m.; also 9:30 a.m. at the Veterans’ Cemetery.
- Western Communities: 10:50 a.m., parade leaves the Langford Canadian Legion for ceremony at Veterans Park, Veterans Memorial Parkway and Goldstream Avenue.
- Sooke: Monday 5 p.m., candlelight ceremony at the Sooke Legion Branch 54, 6726 Eustace Rd; Tuesday 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m., breakfast at the Legion, followed at 10:35 by a parade from Evergreen Mall to the cenotaph outside the Legion; After the service and two minutes of silence, there will be refreshments and entertainment including Sooke Pipes and Drums, the Sooke Choir, and Al Pease.
- First Unitarian Church, 5575 West Saanich Rd., My Father’s War: A Search for Meaning, 10 a.m.
- The Royal B.C. Museum is marking Remembrance Day with free events through Tuesday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at 675 Belleville St. Tel. 1-888-447-7977 or visit www.royalbcmuseum.bc.ca
- Sidney Museum and Archives, corner of Beacon and Fourth, Lest We Forget … A Tribute to the Armed Forces military exhibit; daily to Nov. 30, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Free. Tel. 250-655-6355
- Christ Church Cathedral, Quadra at Rockland, CapriCCio Vocal Ensemble presents In Remembrance, Dona nobis pacem, 2 p.m.; tickets $25/$22/$10, veterans free. Tel. 250-652-3508.
- Royal Theatre, Royal Tea Concert 1. Songs of Remembrance, Giuseppe Pietraroia, conductor, Scott Walker, host, and Marilyn Arsenault, soprano; 2:30 p.m.; tickets: $27.50-$54.50; Tel. 250-386-6121
- Rogers’ Chocolates Soda Shoppe and Sam’s Deli, 801 and 805 Government St., free coffee and tea for veterans; see www.rogerschocolates.com
There will be anthems, the reading of a Prayer of Remembrance. Then at the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month there will be a gun salute followed by the Last Post which is followed by two minutes of silence.
If your time permits make your way downtown and pay your respect to the thousands who made the ultimate sacrifice so that we can live free. If you can not attend in person, take the time at eleven o'clock to stop what you are doing and remember in silence the cost paid.
10:50am - 11:20am